Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Changes to My Site

Regular visitors to my website will soon see some additional info if they haven't noticed yet.

Right now, I am working to add Top 40 LP info from 1970-'79 to the site. Up to right now, I've gotten info for artists beginning with A-E online and will add more in the next few days. I'm writing all the HTML code out myself and that takes a while; sorry, but I'm working as fast as my fingers will allow. Once the info has been added, I'll incorporate the LP section of the site into the main one focusing on hit singles.

At the same time, I am also linking the pages. Once finished, a visitor checking out an artist's hit singles can click a link below the table and see that artist's hit LPs as well...and vice versa. Also, I am working to add links to iTunes and Amazon that will allow fans to get the music when available, either by mail or immediate download.

While I'm on the subject of Amazon and iTunes, I'd like to share a little something I've noticed: while some of the out-of-print and "collectible" CDs have gotten a little pricey, many of the albums we enjoyed all those years ago can be picked up for a very reasonable price. For less than $10, most can be dlivered to your door, and if you find a seller with several discs, the savings are tremendous. Not only that, but some of those "collectible" CDs that are priced a lot higher are often available through iTunes or even Amazon as MP3 downloads for around $10 and can be burned to a blank CD for your listening pleasure. What a great invention the World Wide Web has been...

No comments:

Post a Comment